News & Events
10th Annual Fur Ball and Yappy Hour is SOLD OUT!
Tickets for our 10th Annual Fur Ball and Yappy Hour are SOLD OUT! Thank you SO MUCH for your support! See you Saturday at the SEL Event Center!
CLOSED Fur Ball Saturday 2/25-Monday 2/27
WCHS will be closed all day Saturday, 2/25, so our staff, volunteers, and adoptable pets may prepare for our 10th anniversary Fur Ball. WCHS will reopen Mondays effective 3/6. We thank you for your understanding!
Pooch Park Users: Important Information
1) Due to popular demand/request, ONE additional access card (for a total of two) per application will be permitted. An additional card will cost $10. If you are currently a member and would like to add a second card to your application, please reply to this message and we will send you an invoice via Paypal. Alternatively, you may purchase a second card at the shelter, but please note the administrative fee (below) associated with that purchase. New or renewing members will see these options in the online PayPal drop down menu. An online additional card "ONLY" purchase option will soon be made available on the Pooch Park website.
2) Replacement cards are now $10 to match the $10 "additional" card fee.
3) Our shelter staff are now able to provide you with access cards if you choose to apply at the shelter or need a replacement card, but please note the administrative fee below...
4) Access CODES are no longer available. In short, you must have an access card or pay for a daily pass ($5) to enter the park. Monthly access is also no longer available.
5) Access cards will be mailed to the address on your online application within 2-7 days. For faster service, you may pick up a card at the shelter during their open hours (1-6 PM Tuesday-Saturday in February, 1-6 PM Monday-Saturday beginning in March)
6) Any in-person interaction with our shelter staff will incur a $5 administrative fee EXCEPT for purchases of day passes ($5). This fee is meant to offset the fact that time spent serving Pooch Park members is time our staff cannot spend caring for and rehoming our adoptable animals. This fee will support WCHS general operations (e.g., lights, heat and air conditioning, staff pay, etc.) instead of the dog park. For instance, if you forget your access card and want to be let into the park, you will be assessed this $5 fee. If you apply or renew in person, you will also be assessed this $5 fee. For ONLINE APPLICANTS, this fee is BUILT INTO the online PayPal dropdown payment menu if you wish to pick up your access card(s) at the shelter. Please note, in-person service can only be provided when the shelter is open to the public.
7) Because our shelter staff are NOT able to reactivate access cards for existing members, we STRONGLY recommend that you renew ONLINE for the fastest possible service (and to save money). Since processing is done by WCHS volunteers, we recommend that you renew at least one week before your membership expires OR one week before you wish to use the park.
We hope these changes are beneficial for everyone. If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Again, thank you for your membership with Pooch Park at Pullman!
Additional Information: www.whitmanpets.org/poochpark
Alaskan Ales for Tails Friday, 2/24 at Zeppoz
When: F 2/24
Buy a pint, help a pup! Stop by Zeppoz and Mr. Z's Casino in Pullman from 5-9 PM Friday night, February 24, and $1 from each Alaskan pint will benefit WCHS. Bring some pet food with you to donate and enter to win an Alaskan Fire Pit! THANK YOU to Odom Corporation, Zeppoz, and Alaskan Brewing Company for sponsoring this event.
Additional Information: www.facebook.com/events/1686400634985951/
13th Annual Zeppoz Benefit Bowling Tourney, Saturday, 3/4
When: S 3/4
February/March Combined Board Meeting on *3/6*
The "regular" WCHS Board meetings on the third Monday of the month are being CANCELED for the months of February and March. Instead, a combined board meeting will be held Monday, March 6, at 6:15 PM on the WSU campus in the Animal Disease Biotechnology Facility (ADBF) rooms 2018/2020. All meetings are open to the public.