Besides a cash donation, there are so many creative ways to give. Did you know that you can donate shares of stock, mutual funds, or real estate? All gifts are tax deductible. Contact WCHS administrative office with any questions, and ask your legal and financial advisors for information about all the ways you can provide for animals.
» Cash Donations
» In-kind Contributions
» Include WCHS in your estate planning
» Other ways to give
Mail your check
Whitman County Humane Society
PO Box 453
Pullman, Washington 99163
Please indicate if you would like your gift to be used for any of the following specific purposes:
Donate online using Paypal
Want to make a gift in memory or in honor of someone? Please indicate that and/or any other special instructions in the small Paypal confirmation box you will see when you "check out" with your credit card or Paypal, or simply e-mail us at email@example.com!
|Donate to the AnimalHaven Building Fund
|Donate to general shelter operations
In-kind contributions are always appreciated! Items needed include:
- DRY cat, kitten, puppy, and dog food – any non-prescription brand.
(Open packages are acceptable if within the expiration date. Food must be provided in original packaging.)
- Conventional clay, non-clumping kitty litter - typically found in 20 or 40 pound bags
- 8-1/2" x 11" printer paper
- POWDER laundry detergent
- Dish soap
- Liquid hand soap
- Liquid hand sanitizer (preferably 8 oz.)
- Scrubbing sponges
- Antibacterial cleaning wipes (e.g. Lysol, Clorox)
- Paper towels
- Heavy-duty, 45-55 gallon trash bags
- 13 gallon trash bags/liners
- Snack, quart, or gallon size ziploc bags
- Dog toys, especially rawhides and KONGs
If you have other items to donate, please contact the shelter by calling 509-332-3422 or e-mailing .
Do you know how many ways there are to contribute to WCHS?
You can donate shares of stock, mutual funds, or real estate. Another generous way to contribute is to donate personal property such as jewelry, cars, boats, or other valuable collections. By donating to WCHS, you may be able to avoid capital gains taxes and/or claim deductions on your federal income taxes.
There are other ways of giving, too. A simple provision in your will or estate trust is a powerful way to provide for the future of animals. You can give a set dollar amount, a specific asset, or a percentage of your estate. The options don't end here. You can create different kinds of trusts to provide for you and your family while also leaving a legacy of caring for the animals. You can put your retirement plan or life insurance policy to work for the greater good. These are all practical, inexpensive, and flexible ways to make a big difference for homeless pets in Whitman County.
However you decide to give, please consider WCHS in your estate planning.
Ask your legal and financial advisors for information about all the ways you can provide for animals.
Other creative ways to help include:
- Transfer funds electronically. The Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) is a way for WSU employees to contribute automatically to WCHS through the Combined Fund Drive. Click here for more details, or visit The Combined Fund Drive. Search for 'Whitman County Humane Society' and list 'Whitman' under 'County Served'.
- Network for Good. This Web site allows you to make any level of single donations, revolving donations, or other types of contributions to registered charities (including WCHS).
- Search the Web. Do a web search using GoodSearch.com and specify the Whitman County Humane Society as your charity of choice. We receive $0.01 for every search you perform! What a great way to surf the web! Also try searching through iGive.com, specifying WCHS as your charity of choice, and provide us with 1 cent per search!
- Shop online. Shop through Goodshop by Goodsearch and specify the Whitman County Humane Society as your charity of choice. A percentage of each purchase – up to 30% - will support WCHS! Or shop through iGive.com – get access to discounts and deals while providing a percentage of each purchase to WCHS.
- Donate your car today! Start now with our Vehicle Donation Form or call 800-240-0160 to speak with a helpful representative 7 days a week.
- Animal Rescue Aid offers shelters/rescue groups the opportunity to secure pet beds and/or pet crates at a discount. Simply put our name in the "recipient field" when you make the donation!
- Donate to WCHS via our Amazon.com wish list!