Board of Directors/Committees
Board of Directors
Susan Wang (2017), PhD, President
Becky Bitter (2018), Vice President
Kelly Sebold (2017), Secretary
Kym Darling (2018), Treasurer
Leticia Fanucchi (2017), DVM, PhD
Nickol Finch (2019), DVM
Christy Fitzgerald (2019)
Christine Hudson (2019)
Jan Luft (2019)
John-Mark Mahnkey (2018)
Lauren Port (2018)
Aleks Prosken (2018)
Board meetings normally take place on the third Monday of each month at 6:15 pm at the WSU Animal Disease Biotechnology Facility (ADBF), Room 2018. All meetings are open to the public.
AnimalHaven Committee - oversees the building, design, and
operation of AnimalHaven, the WCHS pet shelter and adoption facility.
Dr. Nickol Finch, chair
Fundraising and Communications Committee - raises funds for and promotes the mission of WCHS. Kelly Sebold, chair
Finance Committee - to create the operational budget and complete financial records to be in compliance with the Internal Revenue Service. Kym Darling, chair
Off-Leash Dog Area Committee - raises funds and oversees the design and construction of the off-leash dog area adjacent to AnimalHaven. Kelly McGovern and Lauren Port, co-chairs
Interested in putting your expertise to work for WCHS? Our committees can always use more members! You do not have to be on the Board of Directors to join a committee. Please contact the Webmaster for more details.
- Committees are established when issues become too complex or numerous to be handled by the entire board.
- For ongoing, major activities, standing committees are established; for short-term activities, ad hoc committees are established and cease when the activities are completed.
- Committees recommend policy for approval by the entire board.
- Committees make full use of board members’ expertise, time, and commitment, and ensure diversity of opinions on the board.
- Committees meet as often as necessary – this could be monthly, bimonthly, trimonthly, or as needed.
- Minutes are recorded for all board meetings and all standing committee meetings and distributed to the full board.